History of a winery:
We find the Puri family in Bolsena around 1450.
The origin is linked to the territory of Orvieto and even earlier to Florence with the surname Petrucci-puri.
We still find their tomb in the crypt of St. Dominic in Orvieto.
The knowledge of the different dwellings and ancestors "notaries", prelates and "messengers of the pontiff" bring luster to this family that is always dedicated to the earth.
At the beginning of the past century, the pure had the highest house of the medieval district, below their house the oil mill and under the cellar.
ONCE THE VINEYARDS CONSISTED OF ROWS OF VINES LINKED TO MAPLE.
IT WILL BE NECESSARY TO WAIT UNTIL 1987 WHEN THE AGRONOMIST VITTORIO PURI BEGINS THE BOTTLING OF WINE FROM GRAPES COMING FROM VINEYARDS PLANTED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 1970 WITH THE CLASSIC VARIETIES OF THE EAST ! EST!! EST!!! . ( the production disciplinary includes white berried grapes of Trebbiano Toscano locally called "Procanico" Trebbiano Giallo called "Rossetto'', Malvasia del Lazio and Malvasia Bianca Puntinata).
VITTORIO PURI GREW UP IN A FAMILY THAT MAINTAINED THE ANCIENT TESTIMONIES RELATED TO USES AND RURAL CUSTOMS.
This love of his for the countryside led him to a repartition of land and to strengthen a reduced property following the various hereditary divisions over the centuries.
VITTORIO INTRODUCED THE SOFT PRESSING OF THE GRAPES, THE USE OF STAINLESS STEEL FOR WINE JARS, FERMENTATION AT CONTROLLED TEMPERATURE AND THE STABILIZATION OF WINES AT COLD.
THE CULTIVATION OF GRAPES IS NOT IN ORGANIC CULTIVATION, BUT IN THE PROCESSING OF VINEYARDS THE USE OF CHEMICAL PRODUCTS, SO THAT THE FINAL PRODUCT IS HARMONIOUS, RICH IN SCENTS AND SCENTS THAT STILL DISTINGUISH THE CLASSIC FLAVORS AND SCENTS OF THE EAST! EST!! EST!!
The company, located on the heights of the hills overlooking the lake of Bolsena, performs the rest of the work.